Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The last of the 2008 Christmas scarves

I'm a little late posting these. I mean, it is already 2009, but here's the rest of the scarves I made for Christmas presents.

Becky (Pastor's wife) likes blue, so I chose Caron's Simply Soft Country Blue and did a seed stitch back and forth. Here's a close up of her scarf:




You can see how to do a seed stitch here

Here's my pastor's scarf (made with Lion's Homespun Edwardian color yarn):







It's a terrible picture and you can't see upclose, but I did a basic V-stitch for the pastor. What else can you do for a guy, 'ya know?

My favorite scarf I crocheted is coming up. I can't believe I gave this one away! Well, maybe I'll have to make one for myself. I love, love, love this yarn. It's a brushed worsted weight variegated yarn and ohhhhh, it's so soft! I got it at JoAnne's, but I can't remember the name of it. I made a hat and scarf for my husband's daughter, Kim. You can see the scarf below in a seed stitch like Becky's above:



I started running out of yarn and so I sent hubby out on a yarn trip. Those are ALWAYS fun for husbands. You can ask mine. I'm sure he will tell you he has a blast doing it! Hehe! Well, he picked up a Lion's brand Homespun yarn that had a little pink in it and it was for his son, Jason. Jason said he liked it. We'll see if he wears it next year if we see him! I did a V-stitch (the basic man stitch):


One day, I'm telling you, I'm going to make a scarf for myself!

To order handcrafted crocheted items from my
Etsy store, visit http://www.Hesed.Etsy.com or click HERE
You can also email me at YarnDesigns@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment