Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Christmas hats!

Okay, so I went a little crazy doing hats and scarves for Christmas. That's how it goes though. But, I'm now moving onto a handbag, making squares for a charity thing, and an afghan. (The afghan is for ME! I've never kept any of my work and I'm so excited to have one of my own afghans!)

These are some children's hats I did for my grandson. He didn't like them though! He didn't want anything on his head. So, he's hatless :)




Really, the one on the left turned out to be for maybe a one-year old. Zach is three, so stuffing his head into it wasn't working anyway.

I made the same hat for my son, Rick and my husband's son, Jason. They turned out great! I used the basic beanie pattern that Teresa put together on YouTube that I did for the one above in grey and black, but I used Lion's brand HOMESPUN YARN and I love the look! Check it out:


The picture doesn't look so great, but it looks great in person and my son is using it today as he goes snowboarding. It's a really warm cap. I just used a "J" hook instead of what the pattern calls for and made a few increases here and there, lengthening the hat so that it would fold up on itself. It looks like the basic wool cap. The color of the Lion yarn is called "Edwardian."

And then there's the neighbor's son's hat I made. Same basic beanie style, but I used red and black. I initially made it for Eric, but it came out too small and Mindy said he likes more black than red. UGH! So I had to make another one just for him (see below this picture for Eric's hat).

Kylian's Christmas hat (made with Caron's Simply Soft yarn):


Eric's Christmas hat (made with Lion's Edwardian Homespun yarn and the red is a thin boucle):



To order handcrafted crocheted items from my
Etsy store, visit http://www.Hesed.Etsy.com or click HERE
You can also email me at YarnDesigns@gmail.com
"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." - Psalm 34:19

No comments:

Post a Comment