Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ski Mask for Rick

I never thought I could make a ski mask. I mean, how do you MAKE a hole in your garment? :)

So I picked up a pattern and just followed the directions. In about 2 1/2 hours, I had a full ski mask made for my son. He came home, tried it on and it was a perfect fit! He wants it made where there is a piece going down from the brow to the nose so it is a tighter fit. I'll get to that... one day. Here's a picture of my 2 1/2 hour ski mask:




This is my dear son, Rick for whom I made the ski mask:


Why does he have a stray piece of yarn hanging down off his beanie cap I made for him? Well, my son likes to be "different." For instance, when he was in high school, he started wearing soda can tops around his neck for a necklace. That's "different" isn't it? This beanie cap I made him started to stretch where it lays on his brow so he asked if I could make it tighter. I did by making some decreases on the inside of the hat and he liked the string just hanging out instead of sewn in. He wears it everywhere like that. Boys, huh?

The pattern for this ski mask can be found HERE. Her main blog is HERE. I don't know you, but thank you Christina!

To order handcrafted crocheted items from my
Etsy store, visit http://www.Hesed.Etsy.com or click HERE
You can also email me at YarnDesigns@gmail.com

Take the "Good Person Test" today. I failed!

No comments:

Post a Comment